Sunday, February 15, 2009

Exam Week Four

Stress Reduction Kit

Directions:
1. Print the image shown
2. Affix printout on FIRM surface
3. Follow directions in the circle
4. Repeat step 3 as necessary or until unconscious
5. If unconscious, cease stress reduction activity

Exams

It's test time again. This time seems a little different as I am learning to get the hang of these exams. The professors are therefore testing on more material and often it is of a more complex nature.

I want to do really well...duh, who doesn't. This week will include the first of our neuroscience exams and the last of our anatomy exams. It is hard to believe we have come this far, six months to be exact. They keep us so busy that time has flown by. That is likely why the stress is mounting as it is really difficult to keep up. I have come to the conclusion that it is only a week long, and when it is over, it's over. I can only give it my best, and in all honesty, reviewing notes that equal a ream of paper is going to take some time and a lot of brain power. I am going to find a nice textbook to keep me company until the flashcards call my name. Wish me well!

Clinical Corner

Stress

Please don't use the stress relief kit above, I would hate to be responsible for your headache in the morning. Instead, invite some eustress (good stress) into your life.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes, happy thoughts, and good luck on your exams. I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J-
    Hey nice blog. I haven't met you but evidently my sister in law who works at 7-peaks in Provo worked with your wife and somehow, through her, found your blog and showed it to me. Anyhow, I'll be coming down from Orem with my wife this summer to start school in August! I would love to talk with you over the phone or email about what to expect over the next several months (getting ready for school, moving, getting started, etc.). I am stoked about Touro! Let me know if you have a few minutes to chat in between the studying and testing. My name is Blaine. Email is blaineallenking@hotmail.com and number is 801 722-5740. Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete

Share a suggestion, question or just leave your mark.