Sunday, July 5, 2009

Matriculating Year Two

Hoping everyone had a great independence weekend, this blog comes to you while I'm actually out of town on vacation...enjoying every moment of it. Meanwhile back home, the school registrar is signing me up for the second year of medical school.

Registering

Registration has to be one of the simplest homework assignments I've had all year. With a quick signature, I was on my way to 45 more credits of graduate education. From what I have gathered, the first year of medical school is the most tedious as it concerns everything normal. Second year may have less credits, but a lot more material to cover in the way of pathological systems. Third and fourth years are just plain great due to the clinical experiences and freedom from the classroom.

Fortunately, some of the courses will be continued from last year so the terrain will not be foreign, but the rest will prove to keep me busy without a doubt. If Pharmacology and Pathology don't have me buried in a book all the time, I'm sure Clinical Systems will. (This comprehensive course, for example, touts a cumbersome set of notes and a lot to learn.) At least the information is becoming less dry and more interesting to learn as time goes on.

Assuming all goes well, I will be starting classes as planned in early August with adequate funds and supplies. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying vacation and honoring those who serve our country to protect our freedoms, thereby supporting my education.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share a suggestion, question or just leave your mark.