Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break

Spring break is finally here, I just wish that truly meant time off and possibly an exotic location. Alas, one more block to go and then it's time to buckle down for board examinations. Spring break = head start on board prep.

A Breath of Fresh Air

I am not really certain if it was the excitement of break or the fast paced material, but this last set of exams was tough. Now, I am mustering all that I can to collect my mental capacities for the final chapter of a 25 year career in classroom education. That means extra sleep, exercise in any form, and semblances of healthy nutrition. Finding a way to create extra memory in my noggin and not lose too much of what was learned before will be a challenge. Crunch time is here.

In the meantime, when I am not stressing about the next three months, I like to imagine the cabana I hope to one day use in the Maldives. Believe me, I have already started saving for that trip years ago. Nevertheless, while my financial resources sort themselves out, I think I might stay close to home for a while. Perhaps a visit to the local state park, but nothing too costly; after all, student loans have already sent me out to drift.

Board Prep Question of the Week
A 28 year-old male of Jewish descent presents with abdominal pain, diarrhea and fever. Physical exam reveals a tender abdomen and a perianal fistula. A biopsy reveals chronic inflammation in the small intestine involving all layers of the intestinal wall. This patient may be treated with a monoclonal antibody which blocks which of the following cytokines?

A. IL-3
B. IL-5
C. IL-8
D. IFN-Beta
E. TNF-Alpha

Answer & Explanation

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share a suggestion, question or just leave your mark.